Burnley Community Sports Awards
The shortlisted nominees for 2014 have been announced and include Lowerhouas 1st X1 player Paddy Martin in the Young Volunteer of the Year category
All shortlisted nominees have been invited to the prestigious prize-giving ceremony on Thursday 10th July at the Burnley Mechanics Theatre, hosted by former Olympian swimmer Mark Foster.
The shortlisted nominees are:
· Community Club of the Year (sponsored by Surridge Sport) – Burnley Bobcats ADM, Burnley Rugby Club, Burnley Tennis Club
· Coach of the Year (sponsored by Burnley Rounder’s Club) – Michael Robinson, Dave Burley, Simon Grime
· Adult Volunteer of the Year (Marvtech Ltd) – Matt Holden, Gemma Harrison, Ian Barton
· James Bullas Young Volunteer of the Year (Volunteer Burnley) –Patrick Martin, Luke Haythornwhite, Megan Hunt
· School of the Year (Smith Jones Solicitors) – Wellfield Primary, Blessed Trinity RC College
· Rising Star (UCFB) – Jorden McDonald, Ryan Marsden, Connor Barrow
· Health Champion (Step2it Group) – Bob Stuart, Sufia Khatun
Other awards on the night being presented are the Brian Fenn Community Award (sponsored by KM Accountants), the Vicki Taylor Lifetime Achievement Award (Burnley Leisure) and the Service to Disability Sport (Burnley Play Partnership).
Michelle Grimes, events and funding officer with Burnley Leisure, said: “There was a huge number of nominations received and the SPAA judging panel had to make some difficult decisions.
“This event recognises and rewards local people for the part they play in Burnley grassroot sport and community development. It relies heavily on sponsorships and a huge thank you must go to the companies and organisations that have supported this year’s event.”